Qualified candidate will become a part of the Network Operations Center (NOC) staff. This person will coordinate all NOC activities and be responsible to conduct shift change briefings and status reports between shifts and as needed services provided to the customer customer. The NOC personnel use a Remedy Trouble ticket system for reporting all troubles reported on the NIH Metropolitan, Wide and Local Area Networks. NOC personnel use various software based troubleshooting tools to perform problem isolation, evaluation and resolution. NOC personnel are also responsible for campus coverage to directly, troubleshooting and resolve issues. High Voltage AC and Security systems will also be monitored. The candidate must be timely and in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- 5 + years experience, BA degree in CS, EE, ET, CCNA
- OS: Windows based systems
- Hardware: Cisco Switches and Router (and related protocols), and Ethernet cabling
- Software: HP Openview, Netcool, Ciscoworks 2000, Nvision
- Strong working knowledge in the following: (L2) switching: VLAN's; trunking (802.1q and ISL); Aggregation (EtherChannel, FastEtherchannel); VTP; and Spanning Tree (Cisco 6500 Catalyst Switch and/or Wireless experience is a plus). Must be knowledgeable of Routing protocols including: EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF
- Remedy or other Trouble Ticket experience, NetCool, HP Openview, Cisco Works, ping, traceroutes, ssh, telnet, ftp, rmons,; Candidate should have experience with network support in a 24x7 NOC &/or help desk setting, TCP/IP, routers, understanding of the Internet, Ethernet, and troubleshooting
- Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills. Candidate must be experienced with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPís), Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and metric based reporting
- Candidate must be willing to work in the Bethesda, Maryland area.
- OS: Unix
- Hardware: VPN, Firewalls, Wireless
- Software: Remedy, Visio, MS Excel, MS Access
- Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, CIS, or equivalent experience
- Cisco Certified at the CCNP level
- Configuring IPX/AppleTalk and HSRP protocols on routers, activating/testing ports, traceroute experience in Logical Network/Switching LogicHVAC and Security Systems Monitoring
- Working knowledge of Native and Hybrid mode operating systems. Upgrading IOS on routers and switched devices.