|Network Security Analyst
Work on-site to provide hands-on network and systems engineering, operations and maintenance support. The candidate?s primary focus will be improving an extensive intrusion detection system (IDS). The IDS consists of various types of detection sensors, including signature-based sensors, which are in integrated into a consistent event management process. Candidate will: review events processed by the IDS, recommend and test improvements to the IDS, expand the event collection of the IDS, and optimize the IDS to support business needs.
This position is located at a federal facility and the security requirements there only allow US citizens to access the site, therefore candidate must meet US citizenship requirement.
The candidate must have implementation and operational experience with the following technologies.
• Firewalls: Cisco PIX
• IDS/IPS:ISS Proventia or Snort
• Protocols: Common networking protocols such as TCP/IP, EIGRP, IPSec, H.323, SIP
• Knowledge of common tools used in security (Nessus, nmap, tcpdump, etc)
The ideal candidate will also have implementation and operational experience with the following technologies.
• Firewalls: Cisco FWSM
• IDS/IPS: Arbor or ISS ADS
• Other: Websense, Bluecoat, Securify
• Related Industry Security Certifications such as CISSP, GIAC, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (seven years experience can be substituted for a 4 year degree).