Federal Business Development Executive
The company is currently searching for an experienced Federal Business Development Executive with a track record of defining and executing effective Business Development strategies in the Federal marketplace. This position is responsible for oversight of the proposal process for federal opportunities, producing winning proposals, ensuring federal government compliance and oversight of partnership contract development. Operations responsibilities include identification and improvement of government processes, identification of new opportunities, monitoring sales goals, and backup management support. In addition, this position will assist the company leadership and help to develop new business strategies, conduct market analysis, and develop new and improved methods for marketing solutions and services through various new and traditional channels in the federal sector.
• Substantial experience in the Federal marketplace, including sales and Business Development efforts.
• Extensive experience and understanding of Government contract vehicles including GSA, Prime and subcontractor relationships experience, Federal Government market business development, contracting process, and negotiations.
• Experience with sales proposal writing required.
• Must have contract negotiation skills and contracting experience.
• Ability to work well at the executive and all functional levels within an organization.
• Work as part of the Business Development team to provide market research data, information and insight which will support management's evaluation of potential opportunities for growth and profitability.
• Understand and work in all stages of the sales and business development cycle, including outbound cold calling, lead qualification and proposal development.
• Ability to facilitate business unit productivity and growth by sponsoring and championing new processes, programs and ideas.
• Proven leadership skills, process improvement, organization and planning capabilities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Understanding of budgeting and pricing.